Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nous arrivons a Paris!

The stop in Toronto was a blast and a half with how customs went... alarms sounded, people tried to run away, it's a great story. Maple lollipops, anyone? I'll be getting more on the way back.

Air Canada is wonderful, I highly recommend it. I watched five movies between the two flights, though only slept about an hour, so coherence is low at this point.

So far (and I'd hate to jinx it) this has been the smoothest travel. We got out of CDG airport quickly, our bags were there and intact, and we found our shuttle right away. I was pleased that, even though I'm a bit rusty in practice speaking French, I was able to carry on small conversations with our shuttle driver. Kyle and I were the last stop, so we got a nice tour through town. I could never drive in Paris though. The roads, traffic, and drivers in this city are ridiculous. 

So we're in our hotel (for the first two nights, before we move into the apartment) and it's lovely and we can see the street and we're close to the Republique, and there's a bar and a sushi restaurant. Needless to say, we feel very at home. 

I think I'm just about to forgo a nap, and start enjoying the city, though it is raining. And I've just noticed that Kyle is asleep. So, nap it is! We do have a month, after all. 

:) 

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment